Thursday, January 18, 2007

Recent News

I've just added a new feature to the sidepanel of this blog. Current and recent Christian News will now be updated regularly and by clicking on any of the links you will be taken to the full news story. This feature is provided by the Ekklesia news service.

I've also paused for a short time with my series on the sermon on the mount. First there were the holidays and we took a couple weeks off for a much-needed break, and since I've been back I've been writing some articles about the devil and Satan. Some of this is appearing on Truth Alive under the Satan discussion thread. A complete set of notes will be available later for anyone who is interested.

What I'm attempting to do with this series of articles is to look at every reference in the Bible to the terms "devil", "Satan", "evil one", "tempter" etc. and analyse whether they tell us anything about the identity of the devil or Satan, whether it/he is internal or external, and whether the reference substantiates (or not) the Christadelphian view that the terms devil and Satan refer to sinful human nature.

Hopefully I'll be able to complete that series of articles soon and get back into my series here on Doctrine and Conduct.

Don't forget, you can always email me directly using the email address in my profile if you want to make a comment, ask a question, or discuss anything with me.

No comments: