Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What do you do?

My apologies for not posting anything for a few weeks, but I have been incredibly busy working on some other projects. Hopefully I'll be blogging again soon.

In the meantime, here is something interesting.

Author and preacher Tony Campolo said that when his wife, Peggy, was at home full time with their children and someone would ask, "And what is it that you do, my dear?" she would respond, "I am socializing two Homo sapiens into the dominant values of the Judeo-Christian tradition in order that they might be instruments for the transformation of the social order into the kind of eschatological utopia that God willed from the beginning of creation."

Then Peggy would ask the other person, "And what do you do?"


From John Ortberg and Ruth Haley, An Ordinary Day with Jesus (Zondervan, 2001), p. 122

No comments: