Sunday, August 14, 2005

Blogging again

The last two weeks have been incredibly busy for me, so I apologise to everyone who has logged on to my blog to read updates but saw that nothing was happening.

I promised to give you my own statement-of-faith / testimony and I started laying a foundation with what I believe Jesus and the apostles taught as being truly important. Over the last few years I have been studying the Bible as though I was coming to it for the first time. In other words, I have tried to put aside pre-conceived ideas (which I admit is difficult to do) and let the Word speak to me rather than looking for "proof" of a particular theology. In doing this I have come to the conclusion that there are about 5 fundamental concepts upon which the Bible (especially the New Testament) is written, and these concepts have formed the foundation for my own "statement of faith" which comes later.

First I would like to write a paragraph or two about each of these foundation concepts.

No comments: