Friday, December 16, 2005

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan



I just did a quiz called "What's your theological worldview?" - for a bit of fun. My score was a bit surprising, as it tells me I am an "evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition". Surprising because I've only ever been to a Wesleyan/Methodist/Uniting Church once or twice in my life; I've used John Wesley's Notes on the New Testament as a reference occasionally (but not frequently); and I remember being inspired by Howard Snider's biography of "the radical Wesley" years ago, but I've forgotten why; and that's been about my only contact with or influence by Wesleyans or the Holiness movement (unless you count the anabaptist roots of the Christadelphian movement in that - but that's too distant to be relevant really).

It might come as a surprise to some people that this test scores me higher as an Emergent Christian than a Charismatic/Pentecostal.

Well, I wouldn't put too much confidence in it, but do it yourself and tell me what kind of Christian you are - just for fun.

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.


Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan


75%

Emergent/Postmodern


64%

Neo orthodox


50%

Modern Liberal


46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal


46%

Classical Liberal


46%

Reformed Evangelical


29%

Fundamentalist


29%

Roman Catholic


11%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

No comments: