Monday, July 11, 2005

Accept Jesus as your personal Saviour

It's not about which denomination you belong to, or which ecclesia. It's about your own personal relationship with God. Do you know God and Jesus Christ personally, or do you just know about them?

I had been a Christadelphian for several years when it suddenly dawned on me one day while praying that God was actually listening! I began to discover that He was interested in the small details of my life, that He has a plan for me personally and that I could talk with Him about anything. I realised then that even though I had been baptised I had never said that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour and that I wanted to commit my life to Him. When I did that it began to change my life.

Here is a prayer that you can pray right now. I believe that it will change your life too.

Lord, I am a sinner and I have rebelled against You. I am deeply sorry for my sin and want to change, but I know that I cannot change on my own - I need Your help to do this. I know that You love me as a person - as an individual - and that You sent Your Son Jesus to die for me so that my sins will be forgiven. Lord, I thank You that You paid such a high price for my salvation and I accept Your gift to me. From this moment I want to commit my life to You, to accept Jesus Christ as my Saviour and the Lord of my life, to be Your child. I know I can only do this through Your help and strength - on my own I can do nothing - but I believe that through Christ I can do everything! Thank You, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: